Bamboo Flooring Tips, Maintenance & Warranty
Tips for Keeping Your Bamboo Floor Looking like New
- The key to keeping your bamboo floor in good shape is simply keeping the floor clean.
- Never wax your bamboo floor. The urethane-based finish is designed to protect your floor for years.
- Wipe up any spills immediately.
- Protect your floor from everyday use by installing felt or plastic protectors under "feet" of furniture.
- Caster-wheeled chairs should have wide casters.
- Beware of high heels! An average size woman in high heels can exert as much as 2,000 pounds per square inch of pressure on the floor. This can damage even the toughest flooring material.
- Your DuroDesign bamboo floor is very well protected by our tough finish, however your floor can by dulled and scratched by the accumulation of grit, sand and dirt. The bamboo floor should be kept clean by routine vacuuming.
- Occasionally, clean the bamboo floor with a damp mop using wood cleaners formulated for pre-finished hardwood or laminate floors diluted in a bucket of water. These products are commonly found in any home improvement center or by visiting any reseller of hardwood floors.
- We encourage using walk-off mats at entrance doors and in front of the kitchen sink. Avoid rubber backed or other non-ventilated mats or rugs as they may trap water underneath and cause damage to your floor.
- You can minimize contraction and expansion of your bamboo floor by maintaining an adequate temperature and relative humidity.
- Observe the re-finishing maintenance schedule and you floor will last a lifetime. If you have high-traffic areas, re-finish the bamboo floor when it begins to show signs of wear.
We offer a 25 year structural warranty from the date of sale for bamboo flooring for delamination, separation, buckling or cupping as a result of a defect of manufacturing.
We offer a 5 year renewable finish warranty for our pre-finished bamboo flooring for normal wear and tear if you follow the re-finishing maintenance schedule. Apply two coats of our MP765 water-base polyurethane:
- Once per year for high traffic retail
- Once every two to three years for low to medium commercial traffic
- Once every five to seven years for residential bamboo flooring applications
A well maintained DuroDesign bamboo floor will last decades.